Pre-operative is the stage before you have surgery that allows you to be fully informed about the procedure and your post-op recovery. It allows you to feel less stressed about the surgery and ensure a smooth recovery process. Pre-operative rehabilitation is a vitally important component to anyone wanting to optimize their recovery following surgery.
Why Pre-Surgery Rehabilitation?
- Mentally prepare for surgery
- Reduce pain and inflammation
- Restore range of motion
- Improving muscular control of the injured joint
- Normalizing movement patterns prior to your surgery
- Improved overall well-being and fitness
- Gain a good understanding of the exercises that you will perform immediately after surgery
This is also an opportunity for you to familiarize yourself with any walking aides you may need postoperatively, such as crutches or walking stick. We will also explain and demonstrate the correct post-operative exercises, and give guidance as to when these should be started.
Benefits of Post-Surgery Rehabilitation
We offer a wide range of therapeutic procedures to treat and rehabilitate the patient from healing time to return to physical activity or sport.
- Advice and support through the different stages of your recovery
- Reduce Pain, swelling and scarring
- Improve Mobility, Flexibility, Strength, Balance and Coordination
- Quick Return to daily activities and independence
- Return to recreational activities, sports and peak performance
- Prevent possible complications and compensatory issues
- Control Cough and breathing problems with chest physiotherapy